Welcome to Allapatah
The City of Allapattah
Known as Miami’s fastest-growing neighborhoods, Allapattah’s walls are adorned with hand-painted pictures of women wearing traditional and modern outfits that give it a Caribbean feel. The city has recently been beautified through the restoration of its buildings. Best known for its low real estate prices, Allapattah gets its name from a Seminole word that means Alligator. The city displays an amalgamation of cultures since its residents include Cubans, Americans, Nicaraguans, Africans and Hondurans. The area has access to Midtown, Bayside and the Design district which has recently made it thrive with activity. There is a lot you can do when you are in this hustling and bustling neighborhood of Miami. Read on to learn more!
Things to Do in Allapattah
When in Allapattah, there are a plethora of things you can do. Tourists can enjoy a wholesome meal at many of its restaurants and cafes or visit the park for some interesting sports activities. People visiting this charming city can also enjoy its flourishing nightlife at many bars and nightclubs.
Attractions in Allapattah
Although attractions at Allapattah are limited, there are quite a few things that the city offers to keep you engaged.
- Visit the Allapattah Market: The Allapattah market is an open-air set in a courtyard. It comprises of tiki huts and vendor stalls selling clothes, cosmetics, souvenirs, jewelry, and food.
- Wynwood Walls: Located 1.8 km from Allapattah, Wynwood Walls feature colorful and artsy murals, graffiti’s and paintings on walls of preserved buildings.
- Vizcaya Museum: Located by the Biscayne Bay, it forms a historical landmark which cannot be missed. The lush green Garden around the museum has fountains and statues which give it a European touch.
Apart from the above-mentioned attractions, you can also visit the following places which are located within 5kms from Allapattah:-
- Lock & Load Miami Gaming Center
- PanIQ Room Miami
- Miami Design District
- Thriller Miami Speedboat Adventures
Where to Grab a Bite in Allapattah
The diversity of cultures is reflected in the cuisines available in Allapattah. To enjoy delectable meals, head to Club Tipico Dominicano which offers live music and Dominican food. Papo Llega Y Pon is another must visit restaurant in Allapattah which offers delicious Cuban food and drinks. Et Atlakat Restaurant offers mouth-watering Central American food and is definitely worth a try!
Bars and Nightclubs in and Around Allapattah
- Bongos Cuban Café
- Cameo Nightclub
- Tom’s NFL
- Batting Cage Sports Bar and Lounge
Sports Activities in Allapattah
Allapatah has various parks throughout the area including Curtis Park or Juan Pablo Duarte Park. You can enjoy your favorite sport in the various racing tracks, baseball fields, basketball, and tennis courts present there.
Erica Grace acquired her Bachelor’s degree in Business from FIU. Her English major and her passion for Miami has enabled her to highlight in a big way, “The most, exciting city in the World.” For exclusive interviews and advertising opportunities, please contact Erica Grace at email@example.com.