Social media marketing is leading businesses to success. If you are a business owner that has not started to use social media as a marketing tool, you need to get started right away. The first thing you need to do is open a free business page on Facebook. Research revealed that Facebook is still the #1 social media platform used by Americans, and it will most likely stay in the lead for years to come. It’s time to get started create your online presence today by following the steps below.
- Go to Facebook – Visit www.facebook.com to get started.
- Set Up a Page – Click on the option to create a business page and begin following the easy step-by-step instructions.
- Create a Name – Use your business name as your page name.
- Upload a Picture – Upload your business logo as your profile picture and a related picture as your cover photo.
- Publish Your Page – Click on Publish and you are all set!
- Set Privacy Settings – Since you Facebook page is related to your business, you will want to make your page easily accessible to the public. Creating strict privacy settings can block potential customers from viewing your page.
- Start Posting – You will want to start posting immediately! Your first post should reflect an introduction to your company and include pictures or a video.
The entire process of setting up a business page on Facebook should take 30 minutes maximum. Many business owners report completing the task in 10 minutes. Those who aren’t familiar with social media will be pleased to know you are guided through the step-by-step process during the sign-up phase. You can create and publish your first post immediately and best of all the service is free! Unless you sign up for additional advertising options.
Facebook Business Page Benefits
- Exposure to Potential Customers – Facebook has 1.04 billion active users daily. This means that one of your posts on Facebook has the potential to reach billions of consumers.
- Low Marketing Expenses – Who are we kidding here? Lowering marketing expenses is an understatement. Using Facebook for your business is 100% free! Yes. FREE! You don’t have to use any of your marketing budget for social media marketing purposes. When was the last time you were offered free advertising that reaches billions of potential customers?
Facebook will also help you reach a targeted audience. Followers will begin sharing your posts with others and your audience will gradually increase. The best part of it all is that these followers are already fans of your products which helps create a large targeted audience. Get started today by creating your business Facebook page!