As South Florida residents, we all have access to the most beautiful beaches in the world. But, after many years of visiting the same beaches, we tend to get a little bored. Children especially become bored after making the same sand castle every time. If you are tired of the same old routine at the beach, try the following fun things for the entire family.
- Tic-Tac-Toe in the Sand – You can choose to sit on a blanket and play a game, or build a life-size board in the sand.
- Family Races – If your children are athletic and enjoy running, you can create a family race on the shore. Have the family race from one end to the other and the winner gets an ice cream.
- Collect Sea Shells – This is a task many beachgoers enjoy. But you can make it interesting by having your children only find pink shells or white shells, etc. The one that collects the most wins a treat.
- Treasure Hunt – If your children love pirates create a treasure hunt for them. Create a map on a piece of paper and bury items such as pirate’s gold, eye patches and other pirate related toys in the sand. Your children will enjoy searching for pirate’s treasure and gold.
- Build Sand Castles – Sand art is a popular thing to do at the beach. You can perfect your skills by watching demonstration videos online and doing your best to duplicate the process at the beach. The more you practice the better you become. There are adult sand art contests you can join around the country to show off your skills and win a prize.
- Beach Yoga – If you enjoy doing yoga, why not connect with mother nature and do a session at the beach. Some local yoga studios offer classes on the beach or you can choose to do it solo while your kids play in the sand.
- Become a Photographer – These days everyone is a photographer since they have access to their cell phone camera at any moment. Take the chance to capture unique photos at the beach. Sometimes simple snapshots of the sand or water can turn into something exquisite when the sun hits it just right.
Creativity is key when it comes to staying entertained at the beach. Don’t forget to protect yourself and your family from the sun by using sun tan lotion and staying under umbrellas or beach tents as much as possible. Start having more fun at the beach today by trying the suggestions listed above!
Erica Rosello acquired her Bachelor’s degree in Business with a minor in English from FIU. Her Passion for Miami, the city she grew up in, has enabled her to capture and highlight all of the Beauty and Power “The Most Exciting City in the World” has to offer. For exclusive interviews and advertising opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org