If you’re heading to Miami, be sure to check out this list of top malls and shopping areas in the South Florida area.
1. Design District Located between Midtown and Wynwood, this little neighborhood is quickly on the rise as one of Miami’s newest luxury designations for shopping. Find a host of stores at the outdoor mall, including Marc by Marc Jacobs, Cartier, Emilio Pucci, Celine, Louis Vuitton, Hermes and more. Lincoln Road Mall.
2. Lincoln Road Mall Lincoln Road is Miami Beach’s outdoor mall with great a shopping and dining options just north of Collins Avenue with tons of well-known retailers, like Kiko, Urban Outfitters, Victoria’s Secret, Penguin, Gap, Banana Republic, Anthropologie, Athleta and more. After shopping until you drop, try dinner at Spris or one of the other outdoor cafes, then save room for dessert at the Frieze. Bal Harbour Shops.
3. Bal Harbour Arguably the ritziest shopping spots in Florida, you will often find celebrities at this glam indoor-outdoor mall. Packed with major designers, such as Chanel, Chloe, Gucci, Alexander McQueen and many more, Bal Harbour is a luxury shopper’s dream.
4. Dolphin Mall Looking for convenient, easy outlet shopping? Dolphin Mall has more than 240 retailers, plus an entertainment center with a movie theater. Go here for a more relaxed pace when it comes to outlet shopping and to score some of your favorite designer and retail labels for less, like Aldo, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein, Peace, Love World and more.
5. Sawgrass Mills Sawgrass Mills is located about 30 miles north of Miami in Sunrise, and is the largest outlet and value retail shopping destination in the United States, providing more than 350 name-brand outlet and off-price retail stores. Many visitors to Miami make the journey up to Sawgrass Mills to experience budget shopping at its biggest and best. With 40 to 60 percent off at stores like Jimmy Choo, Gucci, La Perla, DVF, Kate Spade New York and more, you’ll save while you stock up. CocoWalk
6. CocoWalk CocoWalk is a unique outdoor shopping area located just south of Miami in Coconut Grove. It features a mix of big retailers like Gap, along with local boutiques such as consignment and antique shops. And the shopping is just the start-there are also plenty of restaurants and a movie theater to explore.
7. Miracle Mile Miracle Mile is another great outdoor shopping area, and this one is located just south of Miami in Coral Gables. You will find tons of locally owned boutiques among these tree-lined streets, including several bridal salons, Dominque Boutique and Sweet Boutique for women. Shops at Merrick Park
8. Shops at Merrick Park Also located in Coral Gables, the Village of Merrick Park is a three-story, outdoor shopping mall that is often hailed as a local favorite. Prices are more reasonable than the luxury shops at Bal Harbour; however, the Village is an upscale mall suited for shoppers with mid to high budgets. Featuring high-end department stores, like Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom and retailers, like Calypso St. Barth, Coach, Furla and Gucci, this picturesque mall is a great place to spend the afternoon.
9. The Falls Another picturesque mall is The Falls, located even farther south in South Miami. You won’t want to miss walking the path winding through the waterfalls (hence the name “The Falls”) at this outdoor mall. Come take a stroll and experience all of the mid-range stores this shopping center has to offer, like Gap, Macy’s, Loft and more.
10. Aventura Mall Aventura Mall is not technically in Miami, it’s in Aventura, about 15 miles north of Miami. Generally considered to be the biggest and best indoor shopping mall in South Florida, its more than 300 stores provide something for the luxury shopper and the mid-range shopper alike. Find Burberry, Dior, Fendi, Cartier and more.
11. Dadeland Mall Dadeland is sometimes referred to as “the Aventura Mall of the south,” meaning it’s a huge indoor mall, perfect for one-stop shopping. The stores are mid-range, and free parking and convenience to those in the South Miami area definitely make it one of the top places to shop in Miami. Find anchor stores like Nordstrom, Macy’s, Saks and more.